When you are thinking about building a custom home, there is a decision that you’ll need to make that will be far more important than square footage or luxury features: who you will choose for your custom home builder! Here at Chad Goodin Signature Homes, we want to help you with some tips that will aid you in selecting the right custom home builder for your needs.
- Communication is critical. When you are designing your custom home, communication is key! Make sure you and your builder have similar styles of communication to prevent headaches and confusion down the line.
- Your builder should be reachable. Even if you and your builder communicate well when you speak to each other, that fact isn’t helpful if they don’t return calls or answer their phone. On important projects like custom home building, you should be able to reach your builder easily.
- Don’t skimp on quality. A custom home is often an investment and should be treated as such. Don’t just go with the cheapest quote, but instead look for a quality builder who will give you a quality home.
- Take the time to properly research. Just like any important decision, who you choose to be your builder deserves the right time and research. Don’t just choose the first name you see, but take your time and interview a few good prospects.
- Meet with the builders face to face. Meeting with your builders is just one way of getting to know their communication styles, which is a step that shouldn’t be skipped.
- Create a list of questions– and don’t be afraid to ask them! Custom homes require a lot of detail work, and you are bound to have questions about the unique process for your home. Furthermore, your builder shouldn’t be afraid to answer your questions!
- Be wary of vague answers. An experienced builder will be able to give you some relatively tight timelines and estimates. Be worried about flat-rate or vague answers, since they don’t leave you with the information you’ll need from a budget standpoint.
- Look for a variety of skills. While there are some custom home builders who only do luxury custom homes, a custom home builder who can also work within a budget is a great find! You might want to build your home with only certain high-end upgrades, and this type of builder can show you areas to help save money.
- Ask about and expect referrals from past clients. Finding someone who has been through the building process before with this builder can be an invaluable tool! Ask for references, and expect to get them!
Here at Chad Goodin Signature Homes, we want to help you with your custom home! Please contact us today if you are looking for a home builder who knows quality and has the experience to get you your dream home.